Crunchy lemon cookies are great for kids and adults. I like taste of cranberries and pistachios together.
The recipe is very easy and you can bake with your children.
I published this recipe on my Polish site Przepisy Aleksandry on 02.06.2014.
- 300 grams 00 flour
- 200 grams cold butter, unsalted
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- zest from two lemons, unwaxed
- 3/4 cup pistachios, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry
- 1/2 cup small raisins
- thick lemon icing
1. Combine the flour, sugar, butter, lemon zest. Do it quickly.
2. Wrap the dough in cling film and keep it cool for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 180 C.
4. Take out your dough and make 2 half's. Roll the first one to a 5-6 millimetre thickness out and cut out the cookie with the normal cutter.
5. Cut out the middle of the cookie with smaller cutter.
6. Do the same with another half.
7. Bake cookies until golden-brown (10-15 minutes).
8. Cover cold cookies in thick lemon icing (made from 250 grams icing sugar and lemon juice).
9. Sprinkle cookies with pistachios, raisins and cranberries.
10. Eat them when the icing is set.