Pasta aglio, olio e pepperoncino is one of the easiest Italian dishes. It is packed of flavours. Serve it with white wine.
Aglio olio is traditional dish of Abruzzo (region in central Italy).
|Abruzzo (photo from http://www.insidersabroad.com)|
- 400 grams home-made linguine/spaghetti (or dried one)
- small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli, finely chopped
- around 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- little bit of lemon juice (to taste)
- pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- salt (optional)
- black pepper
1. Cook pasta.
2. In a big pan fry the garlic and chilli with olive oil. Try to not burn garlic as it become very bitter.
3. When linguine will be al-dente add it to pan with the garlic and stir, then add one ladle of water that left after boiling pasta.
4. When water will evaporate add black pepper, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and cheese. Cook for couple more minutes.
5. Serve warm.