I love this soup! It is smooth and creamy. Serve it with aromatic croutons.
Recipe adapted from here.
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3-4 large red peppers, chopped
- 4 small cloves garlic, crushed
- around 0,5 kg tomatoes, remove skin
- some brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 0,5 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0,5 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- around 2 litres chicken stock
- black pepper
- double cream (to taste)
1. Pour little bit olive into large pot. Start heating it over a medium-high heat.
2. Add the shallots and fry them until soft.
3. Next add the red peppers and fry them for around 3 minutes.
4. Then add the garlic and cook it for about one minute (don't let it burn, because it will start to be bitter).
5. Add the tomatoes (chopped), tarragon, thyme, pepper, paprika, bay leaf and stock.
6. Bring mixture to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
7. Taste soup and add some brown sugar and salt if needed.
8. Discard the bay leaf and blend soup.
9. Mix soup with some cream and serve it with croutons.