Przepis po polsku
I found this cake very light and fluffy...and I don't think that I have ever eaten anything similar to this texture. It is between sponge cake and regular cheesecake.
|Cheesecake shop in Japan (photo from: http://www.pbase.com)|
|Cake's inside is really fluffy and moist.|
Recipe adapted from: Diana's Recipe Book
- 140 g sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 250 g cream cheese (full fat)
- 100 ml whole milk
- 60 g plain flour (I used Italian grade 00)
- 20 g cornstarch (cornflour)
- pinch of salt
1. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with baking paper. Lightly greasy it with oil. Cover form with aluminium foil (it will protect cake from water). Prepare sheet of aluminium to cover cake while baking.
2. Melt cream cheese, butter, and milk over a double boiler. Mix ingredients with whisk.
3. Separate eggs.
4. Cool melted ingredients.
5. Add egg yolks and mix mixture.
6. Add sifted flour and cornstarch. At this stage if you have any lumps in mixture you can strain your mixture. After that batter will be smooth as silk.
7. Whisk egg whites with salt until foamy.
8. Add the sugar into egg whites and whisk until soft peaks form. Combine egg whites with batter. Do it really softly.
9. Pour mixture into 20cm diameter round cake pan. Place cake pan in big form covered with water.
10. Bake cheesecake in water bath for about one hour and ten minutes. Oven needs to be warmed to 160°C. After one hour take off sheet of aluminium foil - thanks to that cake will brown beautifully.
11. Baked cake allow to cool inside oven with door ajar for around 1 hour. It will prevent cake from collapsing.
12. Decorate cake with icing sugar, fresh fruits, and mint leaves :).