This type of baked bread is very popular among blogs from whole of the world. I had to try to make it. Recipe is really simple and no one should have any problem doing it.
You can choose different (easy melting) cheese.
- large sourdough bread
- garlic & parsley butter (recipe)
- slices of gouda cheese
1. Slice the bread vertically and horizontally. Remember to not cut all the way through.
2. Spread garlic & parsley between slices.
3. Press sliced gouda into the cuts of the bread.
4. Wrap loaf in aluminium foil and bake in pre-heated oven (180C) for about 20 minutes (after around 10 minutes unwrap the bread so it can get brownish).
5. Serve hot.