This is my all time favourite cake. It is really easy and fast to make. I found it perfect for Autumn and Winter :).
Monday, 14 October 2013
Monday, 19 August 2013
I found Levant's sweets unique and really delicious. Lovely mix of pistachio and rose guarantee explosion of endorphins. Baklava twist cookies are not as sweet as baklava but tastes really similar.
Saturday, 17 August 2013
This cake was made by my Mother. Photos were taken by my Brother :).
I share baking passion with my Mum and Brother. We love to spend time together in kitchen but we can do this just few times a year as I moved out 2000 km away from my family house, to United Kingdom. Thanks to Skype we can substitute our meetings but I must say that I really miss taste and smell of my Mum's cakes and Belgium waffles. Maybe one day it will be possible to share not just picture or sounds but also smells?
Ingredients for the fatless sponge cake:
- 4 large eggs
- half a cup sugar
- half a cup plain flour
- half a teaspoon baking powder (optional, my Mother didn't use it)
Pre-heat the oven to 170C (338F) and place baking paper in a 20 cm (8 inches) springform tin.
1. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
2. Gradually whisk in the sugar.
3. Add one egg yolk at a time. After adding last egg yolk whisk the batter for few minutes. It must be really fluffy. A test of this is to use the whisk to create a line on top of the mixture with the mixture and if it stays, then it is ready.
4. Carefully fold in sifted flour (and baking powder if using), making sure to knock out as little air as possible so that the cake will rise well.
5. Pour the mixture into springform tin and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Baked cake leave to cool and then cut in a half.
Ingredients for the cheesecake layers:
- 400 grams mascarpone or ricotta
- 500 ml double cream
- 6 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- fresh fruits, for example peaches, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (you can adjust amount of sugar for your taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Using balloon whisk combine cheese together with half of sugar and vanilla essence.
2. Sprinkle little bit of cold water over the gelatine. When the gelatine has soak up all the water mix it with 1/3 boiling hot water. Leave it to cool.
3. Whip cold double cream together with rest of icing sugar.
4. 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture combine together with cold gelatine (gelatine must be still liquid!).
5. Quickly combine the gelatine with rest of cheese mixture, then combine with the whipped cream.
6. Add the fruits - bigger fruits cut into smaller pieces.
7. Place first layer of sponge cake into springform tin and spread over it half of cheese mixture.
8. Place second layer of sponge cake and spread over it rest of cheese mixture.
9. Place cake into fridge until cake will set (it will take few hours).
10. Ready cake remove from cake tin and decorate, for example with fresh fruits, whipped cream.
Wednesday, 14 August 2013
British cuisine makes you warm and happy. One of my best comfort food are pies, especially with chicken and mushrooms. My chicken pie is creamy and really tasty. I hope you will like it :). It is perfect dish for rainy Summer days.
Sunday, 11 August 2013
Pasta aglio, olio e pepperoncino is one of the easiest Italian dishes. It is packed of flavours. Serve it with white wine.
Aglio olio is traditional dish of Abruzzo (region in central Italy).
|Abruzzo (photo from http://www.insidersabroad.com)|